Competitions are an excellent and fun way of leveraging the competitive nature of your users to drive up the performance of certain business behaviours.
- Contain Leaderboards - which rank the participant's Points attained within that competition
- Require a defined start and finish date and time
- All participants should be added before the Competition starts - to have an equal opportunity to compete
- Are most effective when they are publicised (via the Start Notifications)
- Work best when running for a relatively short period of time
- Consider setting a 'win score' as an alternative to setting an end date to help avoid 'sandbagging'. When reached the competition will end
- Should be used where all the Players are operating on equal terms
- It is possible to reward Winners (any number of top place finishes) with a special Badge and additional points that highlight their achievements
Please sign in to leave a comment.