Sensai for SuMo and Sensai for Salesforce
Set the Sensai Tenant API Key
- Enter Setup within Salesforce.
- In the "PLATFORM TOOLS" section, navigate to Custom Code > Custom Metadata Types
- Click Manage Records next to the Application Setting label for the API Name sensai__Application_Setting__mdt
- Click Edit next to the API Key label
- In the Value field, paste in the API Key for the Sensai Tenant. This can be found in the "Security" tab in the Sensai Administration Console.
- Click Save
Clone the Sensai Admin Permission Set
- Within the ADMINISTRATION section of the Salesforce Setup, navigate to Users > Permission Sets
- Click Clone next to the Sensai Admin permission set, provide a name for the permission set (e.g. "Sensai Admin - Clone") and then click Save.
Configure the Connected App
- Within the PLATFORM TOOLS section of Salesforce Setup, navigate to Apps > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps.
- Click on Cloudapps Sensai and click on the Edit Policies button.
- Set Permitted Users to Admin approved users are pre-authorized and then click Save.
- Click the Manage Permission Sets button in the "Permission Sets" section and select the clone of the permission set that was created in the previous section.
- Click Save.
Sensai for SuMo
The user who installed the Sensai package, and all other users with a full Salesforce "User Licence" in the org, will be automatically assigned a Sensai licence.
Any users who will be set up as Sensai Admins or Sensai Users and haven't already been set up as a SuMo User will need to be assigned a SuMo licence.
To do this, enter Setup in the Salesforce Org.
- Within the sidebar section "PLATFORM TOOLS" select Apps > Packaging > Installed Packages
- Click on Manage Licenses next to the SuMo package name
- If the user doesn't appear on that page, click Add Users, select the required users, and click "Add".